It’s Monday, Feb. 10 And Here Are The Stories We’re Following Today
Surely you didn't miss the Oscars? If so, or if you just want to relive every memorable moment, then go ahead. I'll wait. I'll even help you out by sharing the results, all that red carpet fashion, and even a few speeches. And, of course, "Parasite."
Got it out of your system? Good. Here's...
What We’re Covering Today:
- Eesh. Still more Oscars. The Frame's John Horn was there last night, so we'll bring you his post-show analysis in short order.
- OK, maybe one more related thing. Pop culture reporter Mike Roe will take you on a tour previewing the Motion Picture Academy museum, complete with photos of the new venue. We learned from Tom Hanks last night at the Oscars that opening day will be Dec. 14, 2010.
- In more serious news, L.A. is considering ways to provide rental assistance for seniors, following similar programs in Santa Monica and Glendale. Reporter David Wagner will explain.
- Plus, a new report is expected today that suggests California funeral homes that hide their costs from customers ultimately end up charging more than the ones that offer transparent pricing. We'll bring you the details when we learn more.
- Plus, contributor Christine Ziemba will have your roundup of weekly events.
Help Us Cover Your Community:
- Got something you’ve always wanted to know about Southern California and the people who call it home? Is there an issue you want us to cover? Ask us anything >>
- Have a tip about news on which we should dig deeper? Let us know >>
The news cycle moves fast. Some stories don't pan out. Others get added. Consider this today's first draft.