It’s Friday, Mar. 6 And Here Are The Stories We’re Following Today
Concern about coronavirus — which, in case you weren’t sure, tends to live in the nose and mouth — is ramping up in SoCal after L.A., Pasadena, Long Beach and Orange County declared states of emergency. Stay healthy by washing your hands on the regular (although… wash your hands anyway, even when there’s not a pandemic?), also try not to paw at your face.
Here’s what else we’re...
- Mexican professional footballer Chicharito has joined Major League Soccer club LA Galaxy. Caroline Champlin found out what the fans think.
- Sharon McNary visited a Neighborhood Council at Harbor Gateway North to see how it works behind the scenes.
- We’ll continue to answer your questions about coronavirus.
- The 2020 Census is coming fast. We have the details on how California will be counted and why it matters (plus some fun charts and maps.)
- And look for new vote totals later today from L.A. County where they still have more than 800,000 ballots to count.
In Case You Missed It:
- Universal Studios’ new ride turns you into a puppy. CUUUUTE.
- It never rains in California, for real, and that’s not good.
- State and local officials are calling for changes to L.A.’s new voting system before the November general election, after its bumpy start this week.
- More people than usual might have voted on Tuesday.
- Amidst an investigation concerning, among other things, the misuse of public funds, the president of Long Beach City College was fired.
- It could have been a lot worse after a car tried to clear some train tracks in South L.A.
Help Us Cover Your Community:
- Got something you’ve always wanted to know about Southern California and the people who call it home? Is there an issue you want us to cover? Ask us anything >>
- Have a tip about news on which we should dig deeper? Let us know >>
The news cycle moves fast. Some stories don't pan out. Others get added. Consider this today's first draft.