This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Smile, it's Friday
- Two Long Beach teens are heroes after rescuing two kids in apartment fire - CBS2
- The LAFD and the FBI are investigating a tip that animal rights extremists placed a bomb under the car of a UCLA eye doctor - LAT
- The LA Times has a new managing editor? Yes, no, maybe so? - FishbowlLA
- Heck of a job, BushCo - Milk could cost $5 a gallon by end of summer - Fox News
- Neocons waiting in line for a new iRAQ - SF Gate
- Walter Moore, candidate for mayor, says no new subways, more new busses - Mayor Sam
- A 14-year old runaway hooker was arrested at a Castaic truck stop - Daily News
- Five more libraries planed for LA County - Curbed LA
- Run for the hills, its the return of Scott Baio - ABC
- People swear they're bored of Paris, but 3.2 million watched her on Larry King - WaPo
- Facebook is AOL 2.0 - kottke
- Not good for single men in LA: producers of The Bachelor say many super hot chicks never made it on the show because they have herpes - Starpulse
While Fleshbot Crush Object Dana DeArmond was absent, Kimberly Kane and new Fleshbot Crush Object Melodie Gore (wearing one of her outfits from "Man's Ruin") were there, as well as director Octavio "Winkytiki" Arizala, Malachi Echs, and Vivid-Alt head Eon McKai. Not pictured but present: COOP and his wife Ruth, Dave Naz (director of Vivid-Alt's "Skater Girl Fever") Ashley Blue, and Vena Verago (director of Vivid-Alt's "Eastside Story").