In a week when the governor wasn't running for re-election but lost big anyway and Jesus is Magic won the hearts and minds of our readers becoming our biggest giveaway yet (there were well over a hundred entrants! We love that), we welcomed a couple new contributors, gave a shout out to local digital photographers and started working on a new contest/contributor search that we hope to announce early next week (hint: if you like talking to people about LA and know some interesting folks, you're going to want to pay attention).
Here is the week that was:
- New sports writer Emmanuel Uche came on the scene and immediately ruffled some feathers.
- Dean Koontz - Ignore the Burt Reynolds 'stache and try to figure out what's up with his wack racially insensitive anecdote.
- What Death Cab song reference should we use for our review of their Wiltern show?
- We didn't think Ryan Seacrest could get any cornier but, oh yes, he can.
- We interviewed the Sklar Brothers and the band Metric. Metric also got play in Austin and SF this week. Somebody has a great publicist.
- We ate Ethiopian and it was good. We danced down to Cha Cha Cha and the foodies got restless.