See Who Los Angeles Supports For President By ZIP Code
We're two weeks out from the presidential election, and it appears that L.A. is very much #WithHer. This new map from RentHop uses FEC filings to break down political support in California neighborhood by neighborhood, showing which candidates received the majority of donations in every ZIP code (the map is tabulating by number of donors as opposed to dollar amounts). Areas where either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump received more than 70% of donations are shown in bright blue and bright red, respectively. Paler blue and pink shades connote areas where each of the candidates received a 55-to-70% percent share of donations, and ZIP codes where either candidate received a less-than-55% share are shown in light purple. Central Los Angeles, as you might imagine, is a veritable sea of blue. Things get a little pinker as you venture north or east of the city, with the tide turning for Trump in Riverside, San Bernardino and Kern counties. Clinton leads in San Diego and Santa Barbara counties.
But Hillary is more or less untouchable in most central L.A. ZIP codes. Her wallet approval rate is particularly high in Echo Park/Silver Lake, where 97.2% of donations went to her, and Santa Monica, where she had a 95.6% donor share. Here's the breakdown of her top ZIP codes, via according to RentHop:
- 90026 (Echo Park / Silver Lake) - 274 Donors to Trump’s 6: 97.2% Donor Share
- 90405 (Santa Monica) - 433 donors to Trump’s 18: 95.6% Donor Share
- 90068 (Hollywood Hills) - 455 donors to Donald’s 21: 95.4% Donor Share
- 90069 (West Hollywood) - 680 donors to Trump’s 29: 95.2% Donor Share
- 90291 (Venice) - 368 donors to Trump’s 15: 95.1% Donor Share
- 90210 (Beverly Hills) - 593 donors to Trump’s 82: 87.7% Donor Share
Donald Trump, for what it's worth, has an 80% donor share in Bakersfield.