Pounding Rain + Burn Areas + Slanting Trees = Whoa L.A.
The latest storm in a series of storms has made the weather so nutso out there, we need a special logo and a catchy sound byte for Mega Christmas Stormwatch 2010. Stay safe out there and use this handy map of road closures and evacuations to plan alternate routes as you travel for these wet and wild holidays.
How mad is it out there? The evidence:
- A hillside collapsed next to the 10 freeway in Pomona
- Three homeless men almost drowned in the LA River in Atwater Village
- A sinkhole opened up in the Vanowen Street bridge of the LA River giving everyone a peek at the water rushing past
- Commuters through Rosemead will need to find alternate travel routes due to road closures
- Power was out last night for Claremont residents but should be restored this morning
- Hail, lightning and waterspouts are expected later today. Whoa.
- The LA Times has curated some incredible images of the series of storms that have hit Southern California.