Extra, Extra: The Airbus is coming!
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The ginormous Airbus A380 is scheduled to make a return to LAX on August 5th in hopes to "give guests from San Francisco and Los Angeles a chance to feel and experience the new aircraft."
- Two drive-by shootings went down last night. One by car, one by bicycle. Is a drive-by still a drive-by on a bicycle?
- Does the traffic in Los Angeles compare to your city's traffic? Steve Hymon at Bottleneck Blog is looking to gather International and Domestic traffic bloggers together to discuss what transportation works, what sucks, and what runs idle in their cities. Care to contribute?
- The FBI is asking for your help to find two men they're calling the 'Backpack Bomber Bandits." The two men are accused of demanding money at the teller windows while also claiming to have a bomb in their backpacks.
- When you call 911, you expect the person on the other line to help you, right? Not always the case if you're using an internet or cell phone.
- The two women known as the 'Black Widows,' who killed two elderly men and cashed in on their life insurance policies, will be spending the rest of their lives behind bars. Was it worth it, Helen & Olga?
- Four men were arrested last night for stealing beer from convenience stores then driving away in their white Ford Bronco. Police found their Bronco outside of a house where a loud party was reported, and the men were all arrested on numerous charges. Aren't Monday keggers the best!
- So you think you can shoot? Our bud's over at The Foothill Cities Blog want your best picture of any part of a City Hall, and they're willing to give you prizes if they think yours is the tops.