Extra, Extra: Target's in Your Backyard
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- While the world (still) mourns Heath Ledger's passing, taggers simply don't care and find it completely acceptable to tag all over the poor Joker face. Over at Gothamist you'll find a hilariously sarcastic review of some marketing for The Dark Knight followed by some great comments including one who doesn't appreciate the Gothamist sarcasm.... Care to rebut?
- When you go to close your tab tonight at the bar, reach in your friend's wallet and see if they're a member of Allstate. If so, give them the tab because Allstate announced today that they're cutting their insurance premium's 28.5%, and now your buddy can finally afford a round.
- In "better safe than sorry" news, a portion of the SFV's 170 Freeway was shut down after gunshot noises were heard. After miles of traffic backed up and the police investigated, turns out is was just fireworks from those mangy kids again!
- McCain said what about USC! Oh, that his wife's alma mater is - "USC, the University of Spoiled Children?" What-everrrr....
- Target to plop down at Sunset & Western in Hollywood. Can you feel the traffic jams already? Good thing the Red Line is a few blocks away.
- More Target news in San Clemente where city staff will ask City Council for permission to sell city-owned land to the retailer. Before you know it, Target will outnumber Starbucks!
- Police believe that last month's break-ins in West LA are linked to a break-in that happened last night on the Westside. This time he hit an 84-year-old's place in the 2100 block of Pelham Avenue. The suspect is described as black, 6 feet tall, 25-35-years-old and weighing around 200 pounds.