Extra, Extra: The First Lady of Ta-Dow!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
"Inaugural 09 Hotel Madness..." Photo by dbking
- We all had opinions on the election night dress, but did you notice the booty? ""OMG, her butt is humongous!" went a typical comment on one African-American online forum, and while it isn't humongous, per se, "it is a solid, round, black, class-A boo-tay," says former L.A. Times columnist Erin Aubry Kaplan on Salon, through LA Observed.
- You think you're smarter than most Americans, right? Do you you think you could score better than 71% of Americans who scored an average 49% on an American History test? Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
- Hazing doesn't stop with beer-fueled Frat boys. Corona's former Mayor, Jeff Miller is finding out that the new guy always starts in the "doghouse" in his new position. Miller is the new Republican legislator representing parts of Orange and Riverside counties in Sacramento. Since he's lowest on the totem, he gets to work in the "doghouse," the cramped 391-square-foot Capitol office.
- Four Hacienda Heights schools were on lockdown for five hours today while officers attempted to serve burglary suspects with a warrant in the area. Most don't know that it is common to alert schools in the area when serving warrants nearby. The lockdowns were lifted around noon - before the Police even found the suspects.
- Anaheim residents, be on the lookout for an 83-year-old man who went missing today after dropping off his granddaughter at the bus stop. One minute he was there, the next, gone.
- The astronauts were at it again today. After a grease gun exploded, thus forcing the loss of a $100,000 tool belt on Tuesday, the astronauts are going back outside to repair a jammed joint.
- The Hollywood stretch of the 101 is being made into a park. That stretch of road will be rerouted underneath said park into an NYC style tunnel so you can still drive the congested highway while families enjoy activities above you.