Extra, Extra: You Voted, Good, Let's Move On
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Election, Election, Election, it's all we've heard lately, right? Are you as exhausted of all the politicking as B-Side Blog, who did a "Top 5 Things He's Looking Forward To Now That He's Voted." Number 1 might hit home.
- Rain, nor sleet, nor being unconscious stopped one Compton man from voting today. Poll worker Herdon Shelnut was passing out ballots when he lost consciousness. While he was being wheeled out by the Fire Department, he got pulled up to a voting booth because he had not yet cast his ballot. And you thought waiting in line was rough!
- Some more information is in about the Santa Barbara gunman who held post with a revolver and American flag yesterday on the 101 Freeway. Ginnie Myers, the gunman's sister said, "What he wanted to do was to put up the flag and just show his pride and honor. It's election time tomorrow, and making the right decision is a big deal to him."
- In the American tradition of referring to Movies and TV for facts, Wired breaks down five Movie & Television Badass Hollywood Presidents. Go ahead, weigh them on a scale with our current choices - Jack in Mars Attacks vs. Obama. Hmmmm.....
- An 18-year-old man stumbled into a Bell, CA gym last night during a basketball game with a gunshot wound. Luis Rosas was playing basketball outside then found his way into the gym and died in front of about 40 people inside.
- To print or not to print, that is The LA Times Question. Back and forth the LA Times went and is finally deciding to print a Doonesbury cartoon tomorrow predicting a win by Barack Obama. Freedom of the press in the funny papers is a grand thing!
- Sad story out of Laguna Niguel - an 18-year-old man was apparently driving at excessive speeds when he slammed into a pole. The force of the crash split the car in two and most likely killed the driver instantly.
- It's getting chilly outside LAist-ers, time to break out the heaters. Before you switch on and warm your feeties, go over the LAFD's 12-point checklist to avoid any potential hazards.