Extra, Extra: Pump It
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- 600 new oil wells will be added to our area in the next 30 years and the first 24 will start drilling in about a month in Baldwin Hills. The bulk of the new oil drills will be added on La Cienega, not in your backyard.
- A man who led Police on a high-speed pursuit last night is behind bars today. The chase began when the man called Police and told them of his whereabouts. Catch me if you can! - and they did, 80 miles later
- Patrons of the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre act now. The Center Theatre Group (owners of the teaters) is making 100,000 tickets available for $20 with no usual two-ticket limit. Start buying them up!
- A "Chatty Bandit" suspect has been arrested. Giovanni Gates, 29, of Tijuana was arrested on his way in the US this morning. How they knew to arrest this man??? ...magic.
- Good things do come from Florida. Since Tampa Bay Rays shortstop Jason Bartlett stole a base in the World Series, you can get a free seasoned beef taco from Taco Bell next Tuesday.
- Santa Monica residents in support of Prop T took to the streets last night. They were trying to get people to honk if they want less traffic in Santa Monica based on limiting commercial development to 75,000 square feet annually for the next 15 years.
- Ever go out for sushi, want to try something new but feel intimidated by the foreign phrases you're reading? GreenLAgirl found a sushi guide on what to get and what to avoid.
- A San Juan Capistrano dentist was arrested after a patient accused him of sexual assault. The female patient says she wasn't even under anesthesia when he would lift up her shirt and feel her breasts. Really? No anesthesia?