Extra, Extra: Double Taps, No Popcorn
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
Photo by Karen Foto
- Retro big-kid gamers rejoice! There is a 4 Square Competition on Sunday in Hollywood sponsored by the LA Dodgeball Society. I wonder if popcorn, backstops, cherry-bombs, black magic, double taps, bus stops, or firecrackers are allowed?
- There was some speculation yesterday on what the weird designs on some buildings on Sunset Blvd. were, and now our questions have been answered.
- Through some good 'ol CSI, a suspect has been arrested for the robbery of OxyContin from as many as 30 southland pharmacies. The CSI's gathered blood from one crime scene and it matched that of Brian Allan Richard, 26.
- KCRW will be hosting a live post-election post-mortem show of Left, Right & Center on November 9 and tickets go on sale tomorrow at their website. There will be a meet and greet before the show (OMG! Arianna Huffington! errrr), plus Q&A during the broadcast. Now if only KCRW would do a live broadcast with studio audience of Which Way, LA?
- Heads up for the weekend. Lots of stuff going on (Dodgers, USC, UCLA, Neil Diamond) so prepare for the worse than usual traffic or opt for public transportation. Dodgers fans, remember to use the free trolley which is now going to be running post-season!
- With the release of Disney's new film, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, San Clemente/Dana Point Animal Shelter is warning viewers about post-film impulse buying. The shelter is telling people who fall in love with the handbag pooch to think twice before running out and getting one for themselves.
- Two suspects were arrested for the shooting of an unarmed security guard at a medicinal marijuana store in the Miracle Mile district. Police believe there is a third suspect still at large.
- The wildfire in Castaic that was burning last night has been contained. The fire forced parts of I-5 to close down but should be contained by this afternoon.