Extra, Extra: The Purse Fights Back
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Does race have anything to do with how you'll vote on the proposition to ban same-sex marriage in California on Nov. 4th? Some say black voters lean away from supporting our rainbow friendly friends, others disagree. Our friends to the north even started a campaign to educate African Americans to support gay marriage.
- No city rules the way LA rules (represent)! But, we can learn a few things from other cities. Bottleneck Blog shows us that Portland's transportation system is second to none.
- Michael Salgado Hernandez, 22, was arrested in Stanton for stealing purses from women in a supermarket parking lot. He's successfully wrangled seven purses over the past year or so, but failed with a 90-year-old who won the tug of war from the pathetic thief.
- A 4th woman in the brutal attack of Murrieta resident Shanice Wilson, will be arrained for participating in the razor blade slashing of Wilson. Ariana Priscilla Atkins, 18, surrendered to Banning police and will face charges of aggravated mayhem and assault with a deadly weapon causing great bodily injury including other allegations.
- A Fullerton bad-ass mother of (now) two, gave birth on her front lawn Tuesday to her second child. She was on the way home and on hold with her doctor's office when the six week preemie decided it was time to come out. Officer Manny Ramos said when he arrived on the scene, "she was just standing in the driveway rocking the newborn, who was still attached to the placenta,"
- Students in California had higher test scores on their fun standardized tests, but less than half are proficient in English and Math. The LA Times reports.
- Disneyland is replacing its high-end restaurant The Vineyard Room at the Golden Vine Winery with... well, no plans yet, but in the short-term it will serve as spillover seating for the popular Wine Country Trattoria. This is the second closing of a Disneyland restaurant in two weeks.
- Like, OMG, since LC from The Hills is like tot's "over" the show and this next season is the last, where will she like... go??? Curbed LA suggests some possibilities.