This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Odds & Ends
For some reason, we haven't been able to get to these stories before now.
- Worldchanging goes in depth into how trees (and treepeople), or the lackthereof, has contributed to our city's tendency to flood for no good reason.
- The Daily Bruin left their Westwood digs to visit downtown and see what all the hubbub is about. And today, writes about the downtown housing crisis. Is it really a crisis? That language seems a little strong.
- There seem to be a lot of these stories lately: a southland community takes their imperiled local school and makes it better.
- Our own cache of Halloween stories is coming but whet your whistle with blogging.la's discussion of Día de los Muertos.
- We can't decide if we should be happy that our local airport security isn't taking any threat for granted or annoyed that we can still remember when we weren't living in this "culture of fear."
- And finally, why is there always documented evidence whenever Paris Hilton sleeps with anyone?