This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Odds & Ends
- LAPD cruisers might get cameras.
- From the "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy" file: Suge Knight is broke phi broke.
- LA Observed reports that Villaraigosa isn't happy to receive all types of civil disobedience.
- Tonight's Clippers game is a first round playoff preview with the Nuggets and, more than that, home court advantage might be on the line. By the way, the Nuggets's Carmelo Anthony was the western conference player of the month for March.
- Dear Joakim Noah, U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi, You Ugly! - Signed, the UCLA Spirit Team.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.