This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Nerds are Sexy: LAist's Corey's Top Ten Seven Nerd Boys
"Nerdy" men, or what I like to call "the boy/man next door" have made a strong showing in 2006 and I'm here to list the cream of the crop.
1. John Krasinski - "Jim" the anti-stud in the NBC hit "The Office", he wins us over with his everyday charm.
2. Andy Samberg - This genius 28-year-old newbie to "Saturday Night Live" brought us "Lazy Sunday" and "D**k in a Box" -- he's bringing funny back to Saturdays, and makes me feel all funny inside.
3. Jordan Bratman - We have to give it up for Mr. Christina Aguilera -- he has his lady crooning love songs to him and confessing her love all over the place, which makes me think he must be doing something right.
4. Jim Rash - The most obscure on the list, Jim is the sexy bald-headed director of the Sunday show at the Groundlings theater, as well as part of the cast of "Help Me, Help You". Trust me: either tune in, or go to the Groundlings Sunday show -- you won't be sorry. Oh, he wears glasses too.
5. Al Gore - C'mon. Any man trying to Save the World is sexy, even if his weapon of choice is a PowerPoint presentation.
6. Weekend table host at the Griddle Cafe - This guy is short and bald, but keeps throngs of people trying to get a table in strict order in the sexiest, most authoritative way...I also saw him fight a guy who was messing with him, and it was hot.
7. The guy who cries on "Extreme Home Makeover" - the glasses-wearing carpenter is my fav, not just because he can build stuff, but because he is always weeping. I love it. So do you.
photo by supamb
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.