Support for LAist comes from
Made of L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.


Man Killed In Crash After Teenage Driver Of A Stolen Car Ran A Red Light

Support your source for local news!
The local news you read here every day is crafted for you, but right now, we need your help to keep it going. In these uncertain times, your support is even more important. Today, put a dollar value on the trustworthy reporting you rely on all year long. We can't hold those in power accountable and uplift voices from the community without your partnership. Thank you.

A man was killed and his 8-year-old son injured when a teenage driver of a stolen car ran a red light and crashed into their vehicle in Culver City on Saturday.

NBC L.A. reports that police officers attempted to pull over the driver of a car with no license plate around 11 a.m., but when the car failed to stop, a pursuit began. The driver ran a red light at the intersection of Washington and La Cienga, and smashed into the car carrying the man and his son. The man died at the scene, while the 8-year-old suffered non-life threatening injuries.

According to the L.A. Times, the driver of the stolen car was a 17-year-old girl. After the crash, she and three passengers jumped out and attempted to run away.

Witness Dylan Sage, told KTLA, "I saw three people run out. They kind of had to walk that way. I saw one stroll through my parking lot, so I was like okay this is really funky. So I made sure we were all safe here, all my guys were okay, and kind of just watched them walk into the restroom at ampm."

Support for LAist comes from

KTLA notes that one of the passengers was apprehended in the ampm bathroom, while another two were found trying to escape in a nearby creek. Once they were caught, all four were taken into custody, and treated at a hospital for injuries.

Most Read