Local Radio's Season of Giving
It's rare that we actually listen to LA's commercial radio stations. KCRW and the faux-indie 103.1 usually do us just fine. While downing large amounts of tofu pad see ew at our favorite hole in the wall Thai restaurant today, however, the usually vanilla 94.7 The Wave said something that excited us.
Throaty voiced DJ Talaya Trigueros announced that they were giving away a trip an hour (between 8 AM and 5 PM) from now until Christmas Day. A trip for two to pretty much anywhere around the world.
We think that's pretty darn cool and officially the best of the radio giveaways currently going on this holiday season. If you work in a stuffy office around town, we'd bet good money that that bland music you're ignoring from the PA system or the voicemail system or the elevator is from the fine boring folks at The Wave. We'd suggest you stop tuning out Dave Koz in the morning and start trying to win.
They might put you to sleep but they also might send you to Budhapest or Karaichi or Dakar.
Here's what all the other major music format stations are doing:
- The Beat (100.3 FM) wants you to break Steve Harvey's Bank.
- KIIS (102.7 FM) wants you to send in your "KIIS-Mas" wish in hopes that Ryan Seacrest will grant it.
- Power 106 (105.9 FM) says that Santa Big is coming to town. He's giving away relatively low-wattage prizes like Niketown gift certificates and video games. It's a good bet, though, that one lucky person will get something huge on the morning of the 23rd or the 24th.
- On Star (98.7 FM) Jamie and Danny want to stuff your stocking. We hear they want to give you a random prize every day from now until the big day.
- And, finally, the world famous K-ROQ (106.7 FM) is giving away lift tickets and snow packages to their faithful listenership.