This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LA Reads On Amazon
Amazon.com reports these best-sellers for Los Angeles, California
For the week of Jan 16-22
1. City Baby L.A. by Lisa Rocchio
2. Symphony by Frank Gehry
3. Norman Klein by Rosemary Comella
4. An Architectural Guidebook to Los Angeles
5. Sacred Spaces by Robert Berger
6. Dancing at Ciro's by Sheila Weller
7. When Hollywood Had a King by CONNIE BRUCK
8. Dynamite Road (KLAVAN, ANDREW)
Since the list is mainly composed of non-fiction, we suspect that the list is actually just a collection of titles containing the key word "Los Angeles," rather than an analysis of what books people from LA actually purchased.
Nice try Amazon marketing mavens, but we're not fooled.