ICYMI: How The Coliseum Put Us On The Map
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Our friends at Curbed LA have a great story about the Coliseum and how it "put Los Angeles on the map."
- L.A.'s first all-girls charter middle school is set to open in the Valley.
- Season 3 of BoJack Horseman premieres tomorrow on Netflix, and we can't wait. Inkoo Kang of MTV News says it's the best season of the series yet.
- The NBA has decided to move next year's All-Star Game from Charlotte over North Carolina's discriminatory "bathroom bill" HB2. Bravo!
- Canadian bad boy Justin Bieber has been warned by Toronto authorities not to cuddle with big cats.
- As Donald Trump is about to accept the GOP's nomination for the presidency, take a look back at this Onion article, datelined exactly one year ago today. Eerie.
- Grindr is getting more breathing room at the Pacific Design Center, expanding their space by 8,000 square feet. Looks like this one's for the long haul.
- Ramen stalwart Daikokuya is opening a new spot on the Sunset Strip.
- Ever wondered what the human body would have to look like in order to survive a "catastrophic" car crash? Yeah, me neither.
- And finally, please enjoy some Shangri-Las.