This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Zsa Zsa Gabor's Widow Will Have To Leave Their Bel Air Mansion
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- At least 27 people are dead after an explosion at a fireworks marketplace outside of Mexico City.
- A flight that took off from LAX on Friday was on a path towards Mt. Wilson. Thankfully the plane corrected course and made it safely to Taiwan.
- Coming off the death of his wife Zsa Zsa Gabor, Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt will sadly also have to leave the home they once shared.
- Porn star Nikki Benz has accused a director of assaulting her on set.
- It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that Lena Dunham is at it again.
- Vulture has ranked the 57 greatest moments in all Star Wars films. The top pick will surprise you. (Spoiler alert: this includes Rogue One moments.)
- A Russian fisherman has been tweeting pictures of the mutant demons deep-sea critters that he has been pulling up. Click through if you want to have nightmares tonight.
- In a month full of year-end best movies lists, the only one that matters is MUBI's Best Movie Posters of 2016.
- Jen Yamato, formerly of The Daily Beast, will join the L.A. Times' Calendar staff as a film reporter.
- How did Colorado's Department of Transportation deal with a "420" mile-marker constantly getting stolen? By replacing it with a "419.99" sign.
- And finally, I think it's safe to say the biggest shortcoming of Rogue One was that they didn't let Diego Luna touch Jabba the Hutt: