This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Scientists Spot Mystery Object That May Have Come From Another Solar System
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Well, here are the winners for Jezebel's annual scary story contest. We suggest reading them while the sun's still up.
- A Netflix doc on Joan Didion will here this week. Here are some of the more revealing details from the film.
- Police are warning parents about pot-laced candy making their way into children's trick-or-treat bags. Is pot candy the new razor blade apple?
- Something flew through our solar system, and it's suspected to have come from another solar system (if so, this is the first time we've observed such a thing happening). No, it's not aliens, but scientists aren't totally sure what it is...
- If you're nine years old and have a famous mom, it only makes sense to dress up as her for Halloween. That's exactly what Busy Philipps' daughter did.
- During a meeting held on the topic of NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem, Houston Texans' owner Bob McNair said, "We can't have the inmates running the prison." Athletes reacted to the remark, with Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green calling the statement "Donald Sterling-esque."
- That time John Lydon (Sex Pistols, Public Image Ltd) was on Judge Judy: