This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Tim Kaine Is Fundraising In Los Angeles Tonight
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Looks like Tim Kaine is in Los Angeles today for a fundraiser at the home of Andrew Hauptman and Ellen Bronfman Hauptman. Who are the Hauptmens? Well, Andrew is the owner of the Chicago Fire MLS team and a private investment firm. Ellen is the daughter of a Canadian billionaire.
- Looks like Long Beach Airport is going to be getting an international terminal soon. The terminal will host flights to Canada and across Latin America.
- Did California Attorney General (and candidate for U.S. Senate) Kamala Harris file bogus charges against an alleged human trafficking site as an election stunt? Or are the charges legitimate, and critics saying the charges are an election stunt are just trying to distract from human trafficking?
- The New York Times followed the "Overheard in L.A." instagram account and decided to write an article about it. Not that it matters, LAist has been doing this since 2011.
- Apparently Donald Trump said an offensive thing which crossed the line. Now it looks like the entire GOP is folding in on itself.
- Just in case you use the parking lot at the North Hollywood Red Line station, the lot's pavement is going to be resurfaced throughout October.Certain parts will be closed throughout October.
And now, here's a video of Anthony Bourdain and David Choe eating at a K-Town Sizzler. Was Choe punking Bourdain? Leave your thoughts in the comment section!