ICYMI: El Chapo Says Prison Is Super Depressing
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The internet is having an extremely hard time determining whether this is a picture of Tom Hanks or Bill Murray.
- Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the jailed Sinaloa cartel kingpin responsible for the deaths of untold thousands, is not amused by the conditions at the Mexican prison where he's currently jailed and is reportedly "depressed and suffering hallucinations." Whomp whomp whomp.
- L.A. Mag takes on the biggest dating dealbreakers in our fair city (spoiler alert: no parking is a bonerkill).
- Why does the Bible have so much in common with horror movies?
- Finally, the linguistic backstory of "bad hombres" (how we love you, Merriam-Webster!).
- Buffy-creator Joss Whedon's super PAC Save the Day has been whipping out some pretty legit PSAs this election cycle. Here's the latest, which offers an eerie forecast of the impact a Trump victory could have on immigrant communities: