ICYMI: Mercedes' Self-Driving Cars Will Be Programmed To Kill Pedestrians
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Mirthmobile from Wayne's World is up for sale. Excellent.
- Speaking of cars, Mercedes will program their self-driving cars to sacrifice pedestrians to save its driver.
- So it turns out that despite having the worst traffic in America, L.A. also happens to be a leader in transportation technology. I mean, we have SpaceX. Can other places even compare?
- A baseball fan who made a (bad) bet now has to eat everything on the menu at Dodger Stadium's concession stands. Good luck, man.
- Downtown L.A.'s bike share is going well, but not as well as bike share in other cities, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The Central Valley's Highway 99 has been rated the deadliest in the nation.
- Area Codes 213 and 323 are technically merging. Not that it matters that much anymore. Does anyone remember dialing just seven-digit phone numbers anymore?
- Despite being written in 2011, this Politico piece detailing Mike Pence's one-man crusade against Planned Parenthood couldn't be more relevant. Sidenot: Please, please don't write in "Mike Pence."
And here's a stellar window to the past! Take an animated tour of Hollywood circa 1942: