Extra, Extra: All We Need is... Donuts
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Dear, Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency, how many goats does it take to clear a hillside lot such as the one next to the Angels Flight railway? Answer: 100.
- If you know Florencio Zendejas, 52, and are a good samaratin, the LA Board of Supervisors are willing to give you $10,000 for his whereabouts. Zendejas intentionally ran his GMC Safari into a taco stand killing a 15-year-old, injuring her sister and a few others.
- Authorities are still trying to piece together why an auto repair shop burst into flames late Monday night in Sun Valley.
- LA transplants rejoice! It seems that Dunkin Donuts will finally be a SoCal option! LA Snark finds a job and the soon-to-be location.
- The LAFD wants you to be ready in case of a terror attack so they urge everyone to check out www.ready.gov
- LA Metblogs wants you to send an e-mail (by tomorrow) to Councilmember Tom Labonge in an effort to save the demo. of the last art deco gas station in Silver Lake. They even provide a pre-written e-mail for all you non-scribes.
- Be on the lookout for two men in Orange County wearing hooded sweatshirts either on, or selling Oxycontin. They were caught on tape robbing two drug stores and Police believe they are responsible for a handful more.
- An Aliso Niguel High School assistant girl's basketball coach and campus supervisor has been arrested and accused of sexual misconduct with a female student. Thomas Cole, 32, (who now lives with his parents) is being held on $100,000 bail.