Foodie Round-Up: We Stomach LA
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Our lovely and talented sister publication Gothamist interviewed Chef Dan Barber about the Farm Bill and the "Omnivore's Dilemma" effect and how food policy and activism is changing the culinary face of the nation.
- Jeffrey Steingarten always says that New York tap is his favorite kind of water. The New York Times agrees with him. Is this enough to get you drinking LA City tap?
- The LA Times now features quick cooking how-to videos on their website hosted by Donna Deane of the Times test kitchen (how do you get that job?). Seared scallops and Sole Provençal look mighty tasty....
- Gridskipper's latest map tells you where to go in L.A. to find the best tapas.
- Take the Buy Local Challenge and pledge to spend at least $20 per week on locally sourced groceries.
- TV for foodies sure has been fun this week: Anthony Bourdain is back with new episodes (check out Gadling's interview with Our Hero here), and Top Chef is totally heating up: our money's on Tre or local chef and Venice resident C.J. (EaterLA checks in with CJ here.)
- One large red-headed food celebrity weighs in on another large red-headed food celebrity: Gold on Osteria Mozza.