Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- DineLA's Restaurant Week officially starts today! LAist was there for the kickoff event hosted by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Neal Fraser at Grace.
- LAist's Callie Miller let us in on her dirty little secret this week: she loves Pinkberry.
- GIANT KILLER CUPCAKE!!!! Okay, so it's not exactly 50 feet tall, but jumbo cupcakes from French pâtisserie La Provence in Beverly Hills still look massively good to us.
- Fresh & Easy has finally opened in Hollywood, bringing a much-needed, convenient grocery store to a rapidly rehabilitating area. CurbedLA takes us inside.
- Langer's Square was dedicated this week at 5th and Alvarado, honoring the legendary deli that has been a part of the L.A. food landscape for over 60 years. To what does Norm Langer attribute his family's restaurant success? "Norm himself [credited] public transportation for the survival of the family business; 'We were blessed by the Red Line.'"
- And...why are there two toilets in one stall in the women's restroom at the newly opened Little Dom's in Los Feliz?
- The LA Times shows us why tequila is a great liquor for tasting: tequila flights have been taking off all over the city.
- It's all about pork pork pork in New York: JGold takes a vacation and finds the Big Apple tastes more like the Big Pig.