This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- DineLA's Restaurant Week officially starts today! LAist was there for the kickoff event hosted by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Neal Fraser at Grace.
- LAist's Callie Miller let us in on her dirty little secret this week: she loves Pinkberry.
- GIANT KILLER CUPCAKE!!!! Okay, so it's not exactly 50 feet tall, but jumbo cupcakes from French pâtisserie La Provence in Beverly Hills still look massively good to us.
- Fresh & Easy has finally opened in Hollywood, bringing a much-needed, convenient grocery store to a rapidly rehabilitating area. CurbedLA takes us inside.
- Langer's Square was dedicated this week at 5th and Alvarado, honoring the legendary deli that has been a part of the L.A. food landscape for over 60 years. To what does Norm Langer attribute his family's restaurant success? "Norm himself [credited] public transportation for the survival of the family business; 'We were blessed by the Red Line.'"
- And...why are there two toilets in one stall in the women's restroom at the newly opened Little Dom's in Los Feliz?
- The LA Times shows us why tequila is a great liquor for tasting: tequila flights have been taking off all over the city.
- It's all about pork pork pork in New York: JGold takes a vacation and finds the Big Apple tastes more like the Big Pig.