Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Gingersnaps and cocoa and rum balls and Italian knots and Kolacky and biscotti and chocolate chips, oh my! LAist has been in the kitchen, cooking up a Cookie Exchange.
- I Can Has JGoldBurger? Omg the PULITZER PRIZE WINNING JOURNALIST uses LOLspeak, I don't know what to say, my world has been all shook up like a snowglobe.
- It's entirely possible I was Afghani in a previous life (as well as Korean, Persian, Icelandic, and Mexican, but those are all very different stories), because the curries and kebabs of Chopan Kebab House in Northride look exactly like a picture of delicious home to me.
- And while we're talking kebabs -- another branch of Eagle Rock's Spitz, home of the only doner kebab in the city, will be debuting Downtown -- they are advertising the new storefront in Little Tokyo with quotes from -- gasp -- food bloggers!!!
- Ladies, hands on the keyboard, please: Anthony Bourdain hosts Queens of the Stone Age for a hard rock Christmas special.
- Okay guys, this is serious stuff and definitely Not Safe For Vegan viewing. But if you're a meat eater, and you're committed to making that decision, you should be okay with this: Michael Ruhlman, one of my most respected food heroes, links to pictures of a humane cow slaughter. I encourage you to look at this in the interests of sparking an examination of the choices you are making about the food you are eating.
- And if that grossed you out, be assured that most of the time it is much, much, MUCH worse. Most of the meat processed in the United States is cruelly used, poorly killed, and badly transported: the Farm Bill could still change the way we treat our meat. Do you really want happy cows, California???
- Authentic, original Japanese prix-fixe menus on the Westside at Wakasan: Potatomato checks out the small plates and free-flowing sake.
- Japanese tea that promises to make your boobs grow??? Mikey HATES Everything investigates; "It felt more like a colon cleanse than a natural boob job." Ew.
Photo by santa barbarian via Flickr