This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Foodie Round-up: Bacon Placemats, Ratatouille, and Restaurant Guides
- Jonathan Gold's indispensible guide to L.A. restaurants has hit newsstands. This summer's edition has a great Google mashup to go with the guide. How many restaurants have you been to? Only question is...only six great places in the Valley??? Come on, fat man. Give us a break.
- Oh yeah. The LA Times had their big restaurant issue last weekend too - which was also West's last stand. Hm.
- The LAT also reports on the fabulous summer fruit season coming up: now that's something worth salivating over!
- Serve your bacon pie atop one of these bacon placemats.
- Even humble ramen can be turned into a unique summer treat: Grilled Ramen!
- We are very excited about Ratatouille.
- They're trying to ban taco trucks in Salinas??? Good GOD whatever could they be THINKING???
- The second branch of Father's Office is set to open this fall, according to EaterLA.
Photo by juan23 via flickr.
How to get the best eggs in town without leaving your yard.
Beautiful views aren't the only thing drawing Angelenos to the region
Gab Chabrán reflects on growing up in L.A. in a Latino home that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and the traditions they formed instead.
Oklahoma-style smash burgers and Georgian dumplings make for some excellent cheap bites in Glendale
Husband and wife Felix Agyei and Hazel Rojas combine food from their heritages, creating a marriage of West African and Filipino cooking
Baby Yoda cocktails. Boozy Dole Whips. Volcanic tiki drinks. If you can dream it, they're probably mixing it somewhere on property.