Foodie Round-Up: Blogger-Haters, Breast Milk, and Big Organic
- According to Pat Saperstein of Eating LA, the LA Times is starting a food blog…ooooh, how 2005 of them!
- Jonathan Gold checks out ChiliMySoul. Damn him. Now we've got to go to Encino.
- There's beer in Santa Barbara??? No! You'll never make us believe that one. The LA Times reports on craft breweries up in the land where the beer runs like water through the streets of Isla Vista.
- Restaurants Hate Bloggers, Like to Whine About It: too bad, guys. Welcome to democracy!
- The growing use of ethanol has many problems, but this one was wholly unexpected: farmers tearing down agave plants in Mexico to make way for more corn fields. If this means a world-wide tequila shortage, we are going to be VERY VERY ANGRY.
- The USDA is relaxing standards for labeling of organic foods: that's what we need. Even more confusion and less regulation about what "organic" actually means. Have you called your Congressperson about the Farm Bill yet? Get on it.
- Breast Milk Cheese? Vegans, we may have the answer to all your cheesy needs! Oh wait, nevermind, breast milk doesn’t curdle very well. WEIRD!
- Robert Rodriguez teaches you how to cook. No kidding! Now, if only he could teach himself how not to leave his wife for slutty B-list actresses. We do commend him for his use of lard in his handmade tortillas, however.
Photo of Native Foods by ballookey via flickr.