Extra, Extra: Yet Another Bush Disgrace and More Congestion Madness
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- More congestion insanity: the L.A. City Council has just approved a rethink in planning rules to allow more downtown developments.
- Tom Hanks, his wife Rita Wilson and Nia Vardalos have filed suit in Los Angeles alleging they weren't paid their full percentage "share of net profits" for the hit "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."
- 10 individuals and businesses face federal charges of accidentally starting large wildfires.
- Officials at Angel Stadium have pledged to work harder to clean up their act.
- The budget stalemate in the State Senate may cut child care funding for tens of thousands of low-income children.
- The bodies of two drowned men were found earlier today in Huntington Beach after being spotted by some surfers.
- Could some routine tests have saved KTLA news anchor Hal Fishman from a premature death?
- 6 antiwar protesters were arrested at the office of Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Santa Ana) earlier this morning.
- Virgin America, the newest affiliate to Richard Branson's airline, took off overnight from San Francisco.
- What a total dick: Bush says he'll override the will of Congress and veto the extension to children's health funding.