This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, What a Difference a Day Makes
- Mayor Tony says the fire is under control, it burned 800 acres - NYT
- Alhambra, Burbank, Irvine, and Santa Clarita, you've been bad. How else can you explain the misery that's poised to befall you when the unholy alliance of AOL and Linkin Park plan to bombard your movie houses for One Night Only - The Rock Radio
- Ted the Titan the huge "Corpse Flower" opened and closed over these last few days up North in Davis. Check out the trippy time lapse photography - UC Davis
- LA to get more water from Bakersfield - Central Valley BT
- Editor of Officer.com, accuses the LA Times and the Mayor of judging the LAPD for being guilty even if they are proved otherwise - Officer.com
- Speaking of guilty before even proved anything, HBO dumps their CEO who was recently arrested under suspicion of beating his girlfriend - Reuters
- NBC had only one show in the Top 20 last week. Congratulations "Deal or No Deal" for making it in at #20 - LAT
- Watch out Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafuoco's new(er) wife files for divorce - Daily News
photo by xina@usc who tagged this photo LAist (hint, hint)