Extra, Extra: USC and UCLA in the News and the State of the Budget Bill
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- USC plans on selling comic Jack Oakie's historic estate in the San Fernando Valley to a developer.
- A UCLA police officer guilty of repeatedly shocking a student with an electric Taser was accused of violating department rules in a recent report.
- Things aren't looking too good for the King-Harbor Hospital.
- ESPN X Games 13 begins today at The Home Depot Center and Staples Center.
- What would our City Council members look like if they were Simpsons-ized?
- Want to guess how many more votes are needed to pass the stalled state budget bill? That's right: just one.
- The House passed the CHIP bill; the Senate is likely to follow, precipitating a potential veto from the president.
- File this under the "no-brainer" department: might Britney Spears have some type of "behavioral" problem?
- Chauncey Bailey, the newly appointed editor to the Oakland Post, was gunned down this morning walking to work.
- Do more Democratic voters dislike Barack Obama than dislike Hillary Clinton?
- Catch the first instances of the Minneapolis bridge's collapse here.