This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Joys of Waiting on Hold and Eating in L.A.
- Waiting on hold just got a lot better.
- Forbes ranks L.A. as one of the "top 10 cities for foodies."
- A highway overpass under construction near Oroville, CA, collapsed this morning, burying a delivery truck and seriously injuring at least one man.
- The J. Paul Getty Museum has resumed talks with the Italian government over disputed antiquities after an eight-month deadlock.
- City officials want a new system to estimate traffic that would be based on the way residents drive and where they live.
- Give us new radios, say LAPD officers.
- The body found by a New Jersey fisherman last month was confirmed to be that of missing artist Jeremy Blake this afternoon by the NYPD.
- The California Endowment is launching a $6-million campaign tomorrow to urge state lawmakers to tackle urgent healthcare reforms.
- The body of a second South Korean hostage has been found by Afghan police. The Taliban have threatened to kill more hostages if their demands to have fellow insurgents released by the Afghan government weren't met.
- Rupert Murdoch will be expanding his media empire by taking over the Wall Street Journal.