Extra, Extra: Tommy Lee Got Stuck Upside Down On A Rollercoaster
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The massive Porter Ranch gas leak is still "months" away from being fixed, reports the L.A. Times. Crazy.
- We wrote about our favorite movies of 2015. Which films were the worst?
- Quentin Tarantino says the Confederate flag is the "American Swastika."
- Two twins who were delivered in San Diego on the cusp of the New Year were born in different years: one popped out in the final minute of 2015, and the other, after the clock struck midnight for the first time in 2016.
- Lamar Odom's son posted a picture with his father on Instagram, marking the first time the former NBA player has been photographed publicly since his October hospitalization for a drug overdose. The photo was captioned, "Christmas with my Pops. Here's to 2016. Blessed."
- In news also related to Klan Kardashian, Kanye West released a new song called "Facts" in which he disses Bill Cosby, who he also rhymes with "Steve Harvey." Have you heard it?
- Did you catch the Rose Parade? If you're dying to get up close and personal with the floats, you can check them out this weekend. We sure are curious about The Bachelor's float, complete with a working hot tub. Bet it smells good over there.
- You know what they say: "new year, new swamp coolers."
- Here's Rose Parade Grand Marshal Ken Burns waxing poetic (as he does!) on the traditions of the New Year, and the parade itself.
- And finally, on an even more touching note, Motley Crue played their final show at Staples Center on New Year's Eve, and Tommy Lee got stuck upside down on the rollercoaster that was constructed for the occasion. It's glorious: