This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Tommy Lee Got Stuck Upside Down On A Rollercoaster
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The massive Porter Ranch gas leak is still "months" away from being fixed, reports the L.A. Times. Crazy.
- We wrote about our favorite movies of 2015. Which films were the worst?
- Quentin Tarantino says the Confederate flag is the "American Swastika."
- Two twins who were delivered in San Diego on the cusp of the New Year were born in different years: one popped out in the final minute of 2015, and the other, after the clock struck midnight for the first time in 2016.
- Lamar Odom's son posted a picture with his father on Instagram, marking the first time the former NBA player has been photographed publicly since his October hospitalization for a drug overdose. The photo was captioned, "Christmas with my Pops. Here's to 2016. Blessed."
- In news also related to Klan Kardashian, Kanye West released a new song called "Facts" in which he disses Bill Cosby, who he also rhymes with "Steve Harvey." Have you heard it?
- Did you catch the Rose Parade? If you're dying to get up close and personal with the floats, you can check them out this weekend. We sure are curious about The Bachelor's float, complete with a working hot tub. Bet it smells good over there.
- You know what they say: "new year, new swamp coolers."
- Here's Rose Parade Grand Marshal Ken Burns waxing poetic (as he does!) on the traditions of the New Year, and the parade itself.
- And finally, on an even more touching note, Motley Crue played their final show at Staples Center on New Year's Eve, and Tommy Lee got stuck upside down on the rollercoaster that was constructed for the occasion. It's glorious:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.