Extra, Extra: Lose Touch With Friends, Get a Free Whopper
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- How bad do you want a free Whopper from Burger King? Enough to delete 10 friends from Facebook? C'mon, it's not like you need to see the narcissistic status updates from those kids you never even talked to in high school.
- LA Stories Blog has begun a daunting and tedious (but really fun) task. They are going to document every street in Santa Monica - Alphabetically.
- Updates in the myspace trial we've been covering since the beginning. The defense for Lori Drew is now arguing that it is not a federal crime to violate the service terms of a website. Drew faces up to three years in prison and a $300,000 fine if convicted.
- The jury is deliberating in the trial of former sheriff Michael Carona. He has pleaded not guilty to accepting tens of thousands of dollars in bribes and kickbacks in exchange for the power of his office.
- Sometimes news is just a really, really funny story from LA Snark.
- Right after midnight this morning, a man was shot and killed by Police in an Anaheim 7-Eleven parking lot after being pulled over. A gun and police-style holster were found in the man's car, but details have not been released on what led up to the shooting.
- Construction has started in Venice on the new skate park on the beach. 10 months from now, we be shreddin'!
- Connor Fitzsimons, 38, the grandson of Hollywood legend, Maureen O'Hara, was shot last night in his Scottsdale, AZ home and is now in critical condition. Someone came to the door and asked to use the phone, as Fitzsimons turned to get the cordless, he was shot. Be careful out there, people.