This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Cloverfield fans rejoice! Gothamist has a map of NYC showing exactly what parts of the city were destroyed by the monster. Better late than never!
- All of the rockers that got into heavy metal for the money must have been misunderstood. All of the money is in scrap metal thievery, not noodling solo's at the Whisky. LA scrap metal thieves have been caught on tape recently and some have even returned the same day to steal again!
- The MySpace suicide case involving Lori Drew might be missing one key piece of evidence soon - evidence of suicide. That's right, defense attorneys are trying to remove any shred of 13-year-old Megan Meier's suicide from the courtroom. Drew's attorney stated, "Drew is charged with unauthorized access of computers to obtain information, a violation of the U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act that is unrelated to the suicide."
- Obama may be elected by the masses, but some are still very upset. In Torrance, pro-Obama signs were defaced with racial slurs.
- Palmdale is taking 'ownership' of its airport back from the Los Angeles World Airports. The struggling airport will now be under city guidance and take over the LAWA lease of the terminal.
- Scary story out of Mission Viejo today as a mantried to kidnap a 5-year-old girl from a condominium courtyard. He picked up one of the 5-year-olds playing in the courtyard, carried her all the way to another condo courtyard, but dropped her when he heard screams of the rescue squad (the kidnapped girl's mother).
- Free Tix Time! - The Greek Theatre is closing down for the winter season and LAist has tickets for their last show featuring local jazz pianist Brad Mehldau, the McCoy Tyner Trio and the Ellis Marsalis Quintet. Just go over to the contest page and tell us what you think President Obama's top priorities should be when he enters office.