Extra, Extra: Rain in LA?
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Wow, did it actually rain today???
- Steve at the Bottleneck Blog found a video of students saying some "eyebrow-raising statements in support of Prop 1A." The measure is picking up steam by some recent donations and some are hopeful about the 450,000 speculated green jobs it will create.
- Milton Katselas, a prominent director and acting teacher, has died at age 75. Some of his clients included Clooney, Baldwin, Pfeiffer, Hackman, Cattrall, Elfman, Swayze, Selleck, Danza and other celebs able to be named with just their last name.
- Marc Keyser, didn't get the memo that sending fake Anthrax letters to newspapers is sooo 2001. The Sacramento native has sent over 100 hoax letters to newspapers across the country.
- The Myspace suicide case continues... The judge is taking more time now to consider a motion by the defense to dismiss the case where Lori Drew told Megan Meier via Myspace that the world would be a better place without her. Lori Drew still claims innocence for conspiracy and accessing computers without authorization.
- A badly decomposed body was found in an abandoned motor home's freezer and authorities suspect that it may be that of a missing 22-year-old woman. The #1 suspect is the motor home's owner, her father.
- Two different, but similarly sick sexual molestation stories coming out of Santa Ana. Richard Doyle Alread, 37, faces up to 125 years to life in prison for the 6-year molestation of two girls between 6 and 11 and 3 and 9 years old, and Jeffrey Miller, 38, who is charged with four counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object on an 83-year-old woman.