Extra, Extra: Quick Hits
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Heroin arrests are on the rise in La Crescenta, parents shocked.
- Scores of people went to beaches and pools to escape wretched heat for busy shores.
- California's war death tool has reached 500, people cried.
- Mayor Tony continues his anywhere but Los Angeles tour, Angelenos nonplussed.
- Citibank sues Ed McMahon, tries to pay off creditors with humongous check.
- Federal officials will investigate the air control tower at LAX, officials assure public it's safe. Public more concerned about airline price gouging.
- LA County jobless rate jumps nearly 7%, officials sigh.
- Escalade crashes into Downtown office building, drunk driving alleged.
- Downtown construction progressing, not progressing.
- 60-year-old man killed in hang gliding accident in Los Angeles. Tragic, but what a way to go.