This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Birth Control for Pigeons & More...
- Could changes finally be coming to Sepulveda Boulevard after more than eight long years of debate?
- Who knew comic book fans could be so violent? Times reporter Geoff Boucher was attacked covering Comic-Con this past weekend.
- Sounds like a good idea: Hollywood residents are turning to birth control pills to control the pigeon population.
- Al Gore's son pleaded guilty to possessing marijuana and other drugs this morning.
- Seriously, you guys deserve it: members of Congress are considering giving themselves a pay raise of $4,400 per year.
- New British Prime Minister Gordon Brown visited Bush at Camp David today.
- Happy, happy, joy joy: Arnold Schwarzenegger celebrates his 60th birthday on planet earth.
- 2 LAPD Die Yesterday, 3 CHP today. When the cops are getting in car crashes, you know it's getting dangerous out there. The 60 freeway is now open after this afternoon's crash that shut down a stretch of the eastbound lanes and injured 3 CHP officers.
- 14-year-old kid looking for that money shot. In that paparazzi way that is.
- Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh dies at 75.
- More death in the news today: the mother of William Bratton, LAPD Chief of Police, dies at 80.
- Of taser guns and pepper spray: 1 of 3 street robbers arrested in aWest Valley crime spree.
- "The list of departed [City Attorney Rocky] Delgadillo media aides is too long even for the Web." Today, Jonathan Diamond leaves Delgadillo's press office.
Zach Behrens also contributed to this post.