This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Michael Bauer's Gaffe and Century City's Foul-Smelling Multiplex
- An "Eater LA" reader reveals just how wrong San Francisco Chronicle critic Michael Bauer still is.
- Police officials revealed details of the Burbank shooting rampage that led to the deaths of three people.
- Good news public transit fans: local officials broke ground on a $640-million project that will include eight new Expo Line stations.
- Catch legendary comics writer Peter Bagge (of Hate, MAD and Weirdo Magazine fame) at the Secret Headquarters tonight (did I mention there's free beer?)
- Careful when eating those oysters: the OC Health Care Agency has warned consumers to avoid oysters from the Hood Canal in Washington state after nearly a dozen people fell ill.
- Avoid Century City's AMC theaters if you know what's good for you...
- Be sure to check out Julia Scott's new blog on saving a buck in the Valley.
- Seismologist Lucy Jones warns Coachella Valley could be the epicenter of the most devastating earthquake in the country -- one that is almost 300 years overdue.
- TMZ captured some candid footage of Mayor Tony and Mirthala Salinas shopping at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks.
- King-Harbor hospital to lose federal funding after failing to meet the minimum standards for patient care.