Extra, Extra: Michael Bauer's Gaffe and Century City's Foul-Smelling Multiplex
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- An "Eater LA" reader reveals just how wrong San Francisco Chronicle critic Michael Bauer still is.
- Police officials revealed details of the Burbank shooting rampage that led to the deaths of three people.
- Good news public transit fans: local officials broke ground on a $640-million project that will include eight new Expo Line stations.
- Catch legendary comics writer Peter Bagge (of Hate, MAD and Weirdo Magazine fame) at the Secret Headquarters tonight (did I mention there's free beer?)
- Careful when eating those oysters: the OC Health Care Agency has warned consumers to avoid oysters from the Hood Canal in Washington state after nearly a dozen people fell ill.
- Avoid Century City's AMC theaters if you know what's good for you...
- Be sure to check out Julia Scott's new blog on saving a buck in the Valley.
- Seismologist Lucy Jones warns Coachella Valley could be the epicenter of the most devastating earthquake in the country -- one that is almost 300 years overdue.
- TMZ captured some candid footage of Mayor Tony and Mirthala Salinas shopping at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks.
- King-Harbor hospital to lose federal funding after failing to meet the minimum standards for patient care.