Extra, Extra: Michael Bauer's Gaffe and Century City's Foul-Smelling Multiplex
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- An "Eater LA" reader reveals just how wrong San Francisco Chronicle critic Michael Bauer still is.
- Police officials revealed details of the Burbank shooting rampage that led to the deaths of three people.
- Good news public transit fans: local officials broke ground on a $640-million project that will include eight new Expo Line stations.
- Catch legendary comics writer Peter Bagge (of Hate, MAD and Weirdo Magazine fame) at the Secret Headquarters tonight (did I mention there's free beer?)
- Careful when eating those oysters: the OC Health Care Agency has warned consumers to avoid oysters from the Hood Canal in Washington state after nearly a dozen people fell ill.
- Avoid Century City's AMC theaters if you know what's good for you...
- Be sure to check out Julia Scott's new blog on saving a buck in the Valley.
- Seismologist Lucy Jones warns Coachella Valley could be the epicenter of the most devastating earthquake in the country -- one that is almost 300 years overdue.
- TMZ captured some candid footage of Mayor Tony and Mirthala Salinas shopping at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks.
- King-Harbor hospital to lose federal funding after failing to meet the minimum standards for patient care.