Extra, Extra: King of the Road(eo)
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- You know who's hurting more than anyone at the pump these days? You guessed it. Cowboys.
- Police in Pico Rivera are on the lookout for a 5-foot-1, heavy-set Latino man in his late 40's with a moustache. The man exposed himself to 3 girls and then tried to grab one of the girls as they ran away. Armed with this description, the boys in blue can accurately narrow suspects down to... everyone.
- One teen is dead and two friends seriously injured after their car plunged off a 500 foot embankment in the Angeles National Forest. The girls were found because passenger, Mary E. Lange, yelled up to passers-by, saving her and her friends from going undiscovered. Later, Lange died from her injuries.
- A former gangsta, who was given a $2.5M settlement after being hit by a police cruiser in 2005, is back behind bars today for violating parole and fraternizing with his fomer homies. Once a thug...
- A body was found under a U-haul truck in Huntington Beach near Beach Boulevard and Clay Ave. There was blood, but no foul play is suspected.
- George Lucas announced his next project, "Red Tails," will be based on the Tuskegee Airmen. He will shy away from the 2005 HBO flick by keeping with actual stories of the airmen and the discrimination they felt as African Americans. The HBO version, "was about 50 percent Hollywood," and surely Lucas' depiction will be strictly factual...
- A 16-year-old swimmer from Mission Viejo is going to Olympics! Chloe Sutton qualified for the 10k back in June in Beijing and is one of just two swimmers named to the the team so far.
- Contest time again! Click on over to the contest post and tell us anything about Griffith Park, insider knowledge or not, and you're in the running for tix to see Robert Plant & Allison Krauss. Not bad, eh?