This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Jermaine O'Neal Hearts Kobe and Outsourcing Local Journalism
- Indiana Pacers star power forward Jermaine O'Neal wants to be traded to the Lakers. Bad.
- Even Southern California is starting to feel the pinch of congestion and overcrowding.
- Frustration with a lack of action at the federal level has prompted states to enact a raft of new immigration laws in the first 6 months of 2007 - more than twice the number that was passed during the same period last year.
- A North Hollywood man was arrested for sexually assaulting an 8-year-old boy in Van Nuys.
- The siblings of a 29-year-old South L.A. man shot by a State Park Ranger in Tapia Park allege that he was shot "in cold blood."
- The New Yorker shows the L.A. blogosphere some love with its new "Postcard from Los Angeles" blog.
- That'll make local reporting a bit trickier: the San Gabriel Valley Newspaper group's copy desk is being moved to San Bernardino.
- Have you ever wondered what the 10 busiest fire stations in L.A. are?
- Hundreds of rescuers are searching for a party of six coal miners trapped 1,500 feet below ground by a powerful cave-in near Salt Lake City, Utah.
- More progress in Iraq: 28 people, including at least 19 children, were killed when a suicide bomber blew up this truck this morning in a Shiite area of Tal Afar.
- More presidential candidate positions on the issues than you can shake a stick at.
- Miss Lohan is going to try to see if rehab outside of LA might work better for her.