This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra - Help The LA City Nerd
- Pinkberry is yogurt-ish enough. Rejoice! - eating LA
- The boats at Echo Park Lake might be dunzo. Sigh. - blogging.la
- The weather is perfect to start watching movies outside under the stars - Franklin Ave.
- LA City Nerd stumped by a simple question? Impeach! - LA City Nerd
- Saturday is Bootie LA's 2nd anniversary. Word! - Bootie LA
- Paris Hilton has the penmanship of a 7th grader - Pink is the New Blog
- Perez Hilton's ISP shut his ass down today - AP
- King-Harbor one step closer to having its ass shut down - LAT
- Union workers at Albertson's - Von's - Ralph's to vote on striking this weekend - LAT
- Woody Allen to direct the LA Opera "I have no idea what I'm doing" - AP
- Jimmy Kimmel has an appendectomy. Hilarity will ensue, just not this week, as tapings of his show will be canceled. - ABC
- Turn right from Clinton onto La Brea at the wrong time could cost you $159 - LA Weekly
- Pasadena Now pressured into hiring locals - LA Observed
- As if Rocky's wife wasn't enough, more bad news revealed about the City Attorney - Daily News
photo by Lisa Brenner from her Police review/photo essay
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.