Extra, Extra: Angelenos Need To Make $90,000 Annually To Live "Comfortably"
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook
- Are you envious of the big east coast blizz, or are you just fine over here? Either way, our buds at Gothamist have compiled some photos of the snow from around New York City. DCist is on it, too with this collection of #SnowDogs and this one of zoo animals.
- According to data compiled by the website Finder, one would need to be making $90,244 to "live comfortably" in Los Angeles. L.A. comes in third for the United States, right behind San Francisco at number one, and San Jose in the two-spot. The criteria might be a bit arbitrary, but all the more reason to ask for a raise, right?
- Daniel Radcliffe plays a farting corpse in a new movie Swiss Army Man, which premiered at Sundance this weekend. It was so bad, a bunch of people walked out of the theater.
- A homeless man who threatened another man with a hatchet in a Burbank park this week was previously convicted of murder 20 years ago.
- Two pedestrians were struck by a hit-and-run driver in Koreatown today. Both victims are expected to survive.
- Looks like it will take the bullet train just a little bit longer to reach L.A., as the State is looking to start building it up North before down South.
- Being a TSA Employee at LAX is apparently really hard. Imagine having to deal with 300 bags (and their cranky owners) an hour.
- Politicians are sniffing for political gain around the Porter Ranch Gas Leak.
- And now, an adorable running baby goat: