This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Garrison Keillor Approved
- Attention Blacks - Dreamworks wants you to audition to be Donkey for the Broadway production of Shrek - Defamer
- Was Mayor Tony up to the same monkeybusiness that the Frisco Mayor admitted to? - LA Observed
- Now that we know where the Westside of LA begins (La Cienega), has the Associated Press determined that Toluca Lake is in the Hollywood Hills? - LA Brain Terrain
- Muslim man in Van Nuys charged with the murders of his Hindu girlfriend and her father - Daily News
- Iranian pornstars could soon start being executed - CNN
- Steve Lopez has fun with Rocky Delgadillo's crazy week - LAT
- Garrison Keillor ventures out of Lake Wobegon and gives a thumbs up to LA - LAT
- Proof that Disney is brilliant, they turned a hokey, dated ride into a franchise. Pirates III booty now over a half billion dollars - AP
- The Game pleads not mothafuckin guilty of impersonating the five-oh - eonline
- Sometimes we wonder if Bushie is even trying - One Cent
photo by Sonny I. LaVista for LAist
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.