This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Drunk Astronauts and More Simpsons Love
- A NASA investigation revealed that some astronauts got hammered before flying.
- The scandal-plagued Tour de France is slowly grinding to a finish.
- How to extricate yourself from a tricky police encounter.
- A fuel spill caused by an accident involving a big-rig truck shut down most of the 60 freeway in Pomona this morning.
- Fancy yourself a good football player? A few more spots on the Trojan roster have just opened up.
- 10 more L.A. locations worthy of a Simpsons make-over.
- Controller Laura Chick and Playa Vista head Steven Soboroff get it on over methane investigation (not like that).
- California's Air Resources Board is set to crack down on diesel-powered heavy construction equipment with tough new rules.
- Was slave labor used to build the U.S. embassy in Iraq?
- Wall Street finally ends dismal week: worst in 5 years.
- Nike, Reebok and NFL all give Michael Vick the financial cold shoulder.