Extra, Extra: Snip, Snip, Spike
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Dogs and cats, you're just delaying the inevitable, please come out from under the sofa. The lawful deadline in LA to be spayed or neutered is October 1st.
- Rival gang members got in a brawl in a Costa Mesa courtroom yesterday when one group overheard the other group talk about a previous fight. The 18 and 19-year-olds were promptly arrested.
- A suspicious arson occurred last night at Ken's Collision Center at 988 N. Vine St. Firefighters rescued two German Shepherds from the shop and are looking for leads on the two men seen fleeing by a witness.
- Sorry USC, your new recruit Maurice Simmons won't see a college football field for at least 4 years. Simmons was sentenced to four years in prison Wednesday for his role in a robbery.
- Two men turned themselves in for the murder of 40-year-old Michael McClure outside of Barney's Beanery in WeHo last Thursday. Police don't believe the argument that started the brawl was about race or sexual orientation, which is strange to even mention...
- Doctors at UCI Medical Center have some questions to answer after being called out on falsifying surgical records. They want to stress that the "stupid" mistakes didn't compromise patient safety but just saved time by pre-filling out patient records prior to surgery. This is a big NO-NO, so computerized record-keeping systems were just put into place to stop the shortcut.
- Do you ever find yourself downtown late-night craving some food? Angelinic lists 41 restaurants that will cure the crave.
- Busta Rhymes got busted by London authorities and was denied access into their lovely city. Immigration said there are some unresolved legal issues in the US that hindered Busta's entrance.