Extra, Extra: Fire it Up
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- OC "missle heads" can catch a glimpse of a modified Missleman II missle tonight around 11:30 pm. The military is planning to launch it as part of an experiment to detect and track missles.
- A rehabilitated bald eagle is being brought to Los Angeles tomorrow to be a part of the Conservation Ambassadors, an environmental education program. Our national symbol of freedom in flesh & feathers can't be released into the wild "because of a recurring injury to the primary flight feathers on the bird's left wing."
- Two men took advantage of a trusting elderly Hollywood couple today by dressing up as DWP workers and robbing them.
- Sophia Loren fans were in a tizzy when she showed up at the ET Emmy Party on Sunday night, but something wasn't quite right...
- 22 illegal Mexican immigrants were seized by the Feds in their 26-foot boat just off the coast of SD today. Some of the freedom searchers were kept for possible criminal prosecution, two were kept as witnesses, but most were released to the border partrol.
- A 22-year-old Long Beach man was charged today with the slaying of his girlfriend's 14-month-old baby. The baby's body was found in a trash bin on Friday.
- Bill Nosal, a friend of Travis Barker said that he's keeping positive. "If you make it out of a crash of that magnitude, somebody's looking out for you," Nosal said.
- A new survey is showing that a lot of us are spending half of our monthly income on housing. Duh... it's LA!